care for (someone or something)(redirected from caring for me)
care for (someone or something)
1. To act as a caretaker for someone or something. We need to hire a nurse to care for grandpa when he gets out of the hospital. Judging by the overgrown weeds and broken shutters, no one has been caring for this house.
2. To have a strong feeling of love or affection for someone or something; to cherish someone or something. There is nothing I care for more than my children.
3. To like someone or something. Often used in the negative to mean the opposite. I know you don't care for asparagus, so I made string beans instead.
care for someone or something
to take care of someone or something. Will you care for my cat while I am away? I would be happy to care for your child.
care for someone
to feel tenderly toward someone; to love someone. I care for you a great deal, Walter. I care for you too, Alice.
care for something
to like the taste of some kind of food or drink. (Usually used with a negative.) I don't care for sweet potatoes. I don't care for sweet desserts.
1. To like or love someone or something: I care for you very deeply.
2. To provide needed assistance or supervision to someone or something: The hospital hired more nurses to care for the sick. My sister cares for my dog when I'm out of town.
3. To like or have an attachment to someone or something. Usually used in the negative: I don't really care for strawberry ice cream.