can (someone)(redirected from canned her)
To summarily dismiss or oust someone from employment; to fire someone. Management promptly canned the new accountant after his miscalculation cost the company hundreds of thousands of dollars. They'll can me if they ever find out I came into work drunk yesterday.
See also: can
1. n. the head. Jerry landed one on Frank’s can. Frank crumpled.
2. n. toilet. Restroom? Hell, I ain’t tired! Where’s the can?
3. n. the buttocks. (see also bucket.) The guy slipped on the ice and fell on his can.
4. n. jail. (Usually with the.) I had to spend the night in the can, but it wasn’t too bad.
5. tv. to dismiss someone from employment. The jerk canned everybody who played a part in the gag.
6. n. a car. That’s a good-looking can he’s driving.
7. Go to cans.
8. n. a breast. (Usually objectionable. Usually plural.) Man, look at the cans on that dame!
9. n. a measurement of marijuana. (Drugs.) How much do you want for a can?
can/could do without
To prefer not to experience or deal with: I could do without their complaints.