call attention to
call attention to (someone or something)
To draw others' awareness to someone or something. I know you were trying to sneak into the meeting, but you really called attention to yourself when you knocked over that chair. That garish new paint color really calls attention to all the imperfections in the walls.
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2015 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
call someone's attention to somethingand call something to someone's attention
to bring something to someone's notice; to make someone recognize some fact. May I call your attention to the sign on the door? He called to our attention the notice on the wall.
call attention to someone or something
to cause someone, including oneself, or something to be noticed or observed. I think he dresses like that simply to call attention to himself.
McGraw-Hill Dictionary of American Idioms and Phrasal Verbs. © 2002 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc.
- call attention to (someone or something)
- call (someone or something) to (one's) attention
- (you've) got to get up pretty early in the morning to (do something)
- gotta get up pretty early in the morning to
- sneak up
- sneak up (on someone or something)
- sneak up on
- intoxicate (someone) with (something)
- intoxicate with