cake(redirected from caking)
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Encyclopedia.
Related to caking: Caking coal
Like this video? Subscribe to our free daily email and get a new idiom video every day!
1. slang That which is very easy or requires very little effort. Likely a shortening of "a piece of cake." A: "Make sure no one sees you." B: "Don't worry, a job like this will be cake."
2. informal The profits or benefits of something. My agent always takes 30% of the cake whenever I land an acting gig. Employees are demanding a bigger slice of the cake after the company posted record profits for the fourth year in a row.
3. slang The buttocks, especially on an attractive woman. Dang, look at the cake on the hottie over there!
4. slang Money. I do some freelance work in the evenings to earn a little extra cake on the side.
slang The buttocks. Can you believe he ran across the field like that, showing his bare cakes to all the world?
See also: cake
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2015 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
1. n. money. (From bread, dough.) I can’t scrape together enough cake to do the job.
2. Go to cakes.
n. the buttocks. (Like buns.) You behave yourself or I’ll blister your cakes.
See also: cake
McGraw-Hill's Dictionary of American Slang and Colloquial Expressions Copyright © 2006 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc. All rights reserved.
- (one's) cake is dough
- a piece of cake
- a share/slice of the cake
- a slice of the cake
- be a piece of cake
- cake (someone or something) with (something)
- cake hole
- cake with
- cakes and ale
- eat one's cake and have it (too)
- eat one's cake and have it, too
- eat one's cake and have it, too, to
- flat as a pancake
- frosting/icing on the cake, the
- go bitchcakes
- go like hot cakes
- have (one's) cake and eat it (too)
- have cake and eat it too
- have your cake and eat it
- icing on the cake
- If I knew you were coming, I'd have baked a cake
- let them eat cake
- like hot cakes, go
- like piffy on a rock cake
- nutty as a fruitcake
- piece of cake
- piece of cake, it's a
- sell like hot cakes
- sell like hot cakes, to
- sell/go like hot cakes
- Shut your cake hole!
- sit like piffy on a rock cake
- slice of the cake
- slice of the pie
- take the cake
- take the cake, to
- that takes the cake
- That takes the cake!
- the cake is a lie
- the cherry on the cake
- the frosting on the cake
- the icing on the cake
- wedding cake
- whoopie cake
- whoopie cakes
- word hole
- yellow cake
- You cannot have your cake and eat it
- you can't eat your cake and have it (too)
- you can't have your cake and eat it
- you can't have your cake and eat it(, too)