buy a lemon(redirected from buying a lemon)
buy a lemon
To buy something that is worthless or of much less value than one was led to believe. Considering how often that car breaks down, I think I bought a lemon from the dealership. Sure, it sounded like a good deal at the time, but you bought a total lemon!
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2015 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
- make chalk of one and cheese of the other
- not worth beans
- throw out the baby with the bath water
- throw out the baby with the bathwater
- throw out the baby with the bathwater, to/don't
- throw the baby out with the bath
- throw the baby out with the bath water
- throw the baby out with the bathwater
- be sold a pup