Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Medical, Legal, Financial, Acronyms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
?Note: This page may contain content that is offensive or inappropriate for some readers.
Like this video? Subscribe to our free daily email and get a new idiom video every day!
1. noun, informal A shortening of "buttocks." He slipped on the ice and landed right on his butt.
2. noun, slang A cigarette. Hey, Larry, give me a butt, will you? I left my pack in the car.
3. noun, slang The end of a cigarette that has not been burned. Use the ashtray for your butts.
4. noun, slang An unpleasant or unlikable person. Come on, don't be such a butt, Tony. Lend the guy a couple bucks. My teacher is such a butt! Who gives pop quizzes two days in a row?
5. adverb, slang Used as an intensifier of an adjective, especially "ugly." Oh man, that sofa is butt ugly. Who'd want to sit on that horrid thing?
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2015 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
1. n. the buttocks. (Colloquial. Potentially offensive, although heard almost everywhere. See the complete list of all entries with butt in the Index of Hidden Key Words.) She fell right on her butt.
2. n. a cigarette butt. Don’t leave your butts in the houseplants!
3. n. a cigarette of any kind. You got a butt I can bum?
4. n. someone or something that is disliked. (see also boody.) The guy’s a real butt. A real squid.
McGraw-Hill's Dictionary of American Slang and Colloquial Expressions Copyright © 2006 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc. All rights reserved.
- (one's) butt is on the line
- (well,) butter my butt and call me a biscuit
- a kick in the butt
- a kick up the backside
- as if the sun shines out (one's) backside
- be busier than a one-legged man in a butt-kicking contest
- be the butt of something
- be the butt of the joke
- bums on seats
- bust (one's) balls
- bust (one's) butt
- bust (one's) hump
- bust butt
- bust butt to do something
- bust one’s butt
- bust one’s butt to do something
- butt (up) against (someone or something)
- butt against
- butt floss
- butt heads
- butt in
- butt into
- butt into (something)
- butt naked
- butt of a joke
- butt out
- Butt out!
- butt thong
- butt ugly
- buttfuck nowhere
- can’t find one’s butt with both hands
- can’t find one’s butt with both hands in broad daylight
- can't find (one's) butt with both hands
- can't find (one's) butt with both hands in broad daylight
- can't find butt with both hands
- clip a butt
- duck butt
- dusty butt
- get (one's) butt (somewhere)
- get a wild hair up (one's) butt
- get off (one's) butt
- get off one's tail
- get your butt over here
- Get your butt over here!
- gripes one’s butt
- have a corncob up (one's) butt
- have a poker up (one's) butt
- hot enough to burn a polar bear's butt
- hustle (one's) butt
- hustle your butt
- if frogs had wheels, they wouldn't bump their butts
- if frogs had wings, they wouldn't bump their butts (when they hop)
- kick butt
- kick in the butt
- kick in the pants
- kick in the seat of the pants
- kick some butt
- monkeys might fly out of my butt
- pain in the butt
- pain in the neck
- put (one's) butt on the line
- ream (one's) butt
- ride (someone's) butt
- show (one's) butt
- sit on (one's) butt
- the butt of a/the joke
- the butt of the joke
- think the sun shines out (someone's) backside
- work (one's) butt off
- work one’s butt off
- work one’s tail off
- work one's fingers to the bone
- work tail off
- you can't sit in two chairs with one butt