bust balls(redirected from bust his balls)
bust (one's) balls
rude slang "Balls" is slang for the testicles, so the phrase in each meaning is usually (but not solely) said of or by a man.
1. To exert a significant amount of energy to do, accomplish, or complete something, especially with great haste. I've been busting my balls all night long to get this presentation ready for tomorrow's meeting. She's going to have to bust her balls if she wants a place on the varsity team.
2. To harass, nag, or upbraid one to do, accomplish, or complete something. The boss is busting everyone's balls to get the project ready by next week. Quit busting my balls! I'll get it done eventually!
3. To tease, ridicule, or mock one, usually jocosely. Don't get so worked up, man, I'm just busting your balls. I like her family, but her uncle always busts my balls when we see him.
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2022 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
bust (someone's) balls/chops
1. Vulgar Slang To make extreme or unreasonable demands of someone.
2. To harass or scold someone.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.