bust (one's) balls(redirected from bust her balls)
bust (one's) balls
1. rude slang (acting upon oneself) To exert a significant amount of energy to do, accomplish, or complete something, especially with great haste. I've been busting my balls all night long to get this presentation ready for tomorrow's meeting. She's going to have to bust her balls if she wants a place on the varsity team.
2. rude slang (acting upon someone else) To harass, nag, or upbraid someone to do, accomplish, or complete something. The boss is busting everyone's balls to get the project ready by next week. Quit busting my balls! I'll get it done eventually!
3. rude slang (acting upon someone else) To tease, ridicule, or mock someone, usually jocosely. Don't get so worked up, man, I'm just busting your balls. I like her family, but her uncle always busts my balls when we see him.
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2015 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
bust somebody’s ˈass/ˈballs/ˈbutt/ˈhump(American English, taboo, slang) (also bust somebody’s ˈchops American English rather old-fashioned) criticize somebody in an angry or annoying way: Why are you always busting my balls? ♢ This guy keeps busting my chops about my smelly tennis sneakers. ▶ ˈball-buster noun
bust your ˈass/ˈballs/ˈbutt/ˈhump(American English, taboo, slang) make a very great effort: I bust my ass to get that job. ♢ I’ve been busting my hump for the last week trying to get the project finished.
Farlex Partner Idioms Dictionary © Farlex 2017
bust (someone's) balls/chops
1. Vulgar Slang To make extreme or unreasonable demands of someone.
2. To harass or scold someone.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.