Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Medical, Encyclopedia.
?Note: This page may contain content that is offensive or inappropriate for some readers.
bust (one's) ass
rude slang "Ass" is slang for the buttocks.
1. To exert a significant amount of energy or work very hard to do, accomplish, or complete something. I've been busting my ass all night long to get this presentation ready for tomorrow's meeting. She's going to have to bust her ass if she wants a place on the varsity team.
2. To harass, nag, or upbraid one to do, accomplish, or complete something. The boss is busting everyone's ass to get the project ready by next week. Quit busting my ass! I'll get it done eventually!
3. To defeat one decisively. We weren't prepared for the game, and the other team busted our asses.
4. To physically attack one; to beat one up. I'll bust your ass if I ever see you talking to my girlfriend again.
5. To tease one; to give one a hard time. Aw, come on, dude, I was just busting your ass. No need to get upset about it.
1. To move quickly. Come on, let's go! We better to bust ass if we're going to get there on time.
2. To be flatulent; to fart. Who just busted ass? It stinks in here.
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2022 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
McGraw-Hill's Dictionary of American Slang and Colloquial Expressions Copyright © 2006 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc. All rights reserved.