burn(redirected from burns her)
Like this video? Subscribe to our free daily email and get a new idiom video every day!
1. noun, slang An insult. A: "Nice ears, Dumbo." B: "Ooh, sick burn, dude. Like I don't know my ears stick out!"
2. verb, slang To insult someone. Did you hear what she said? You just got burned, bro.
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2015 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
1. n. a cigarette. Fred just stood there with a burn on his lower lip and his hands in his pockets.
2. tv. to smoke a cigarette. I need to burn a fag. Just a minute.
3. tv. to smoke cannabis. (Drugs.) The two of them sat there burning reefers for hours on end.
4. tv. to execute someone in the electric chair. (Underworld.) I’ll see that they burn you for this!
5. in. to die by electrocution in the electric chair. (Underworld.) I ain’t afraid I’ll burn, copper!
6. tv. to cheat or rob someone. Tom tried to burn me by selling me a bum watch, but I’m too clever.
7. tv. to shoot someone. (see also burner = gun.) He burned the guy with a pistol, but it didn’t stop him.
8. n. a deception; an instance of being cheated. Man, that was a burn. That guy was really mad.
9. n. the charge or rush after the injection of a drug into a vein. (Drugs.) I don’t want a big burn; just drag it out for about an hour.
10. tv. to cook food. Why don’t you burn some chow for me?
1. mod. cheated; betrayed. Man, did I get burned in that place!
2. mod. disappointed; humiliated; put down. Ha! You’re burned!
3. and burned up mod. very angry. I’ve never been so burned up at anyone. I am really burned! Totally burned!
See also: burn
McGraw-Hill's Dictionary of American Slang and Colloquial Expressions Copyright © 2006 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc. All rights reserved.
burnthe/one's candle at both ends
To exhaust oneself or one's resources by leading a hectic or extravagant life.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
- a slow burn
- be burned out
- be burnt to a crisp
- burn (one) in effigy
- burn (one) out of (something)
- burn (one's) boats
- burn (one's) bridges
- burn (one's) bridges in front of (one)
- burn (one's) fingers
- burn (one's)/the candle at both ends
- burn (someone or something) to a cinder
- burn (someone or something) to a crisp
- burn (something) into (something)
- burn a hole in (one's) pocket
- burn artist
- burn at the stake
- burn away
- burn both ends of the candle
- burn bridges
- burn bridges in front of
- burn daylight
- burn down
- burn for
- burn for (someone or something)
- burn in
- burn in effigy
- burn into
- burn itself out
- burn not your house to fright the mouse away
- burn off
- burn one's bridges
- burn one's bridges/boats, to
- burn one's fingers
- burn one's fingers, to
- burn out
- burn out of
- burn rubber
- burn someone down
- burn someone up
- burn something to a cinder/crisp
- burn that bridge when (one) comes to it
- burn the candle at both ends
- burn the candle at both ends, to (you can't)
- burn the midnight oil
- burn the midnight oil, to
- burn through
- burn through (something)
- burn to a cinder
- burn to a crisp
- burn up
- burn up the road
- burn with
- burn with (something)
- burn with a low blue flame
- burn your boats
- burn your bridges
- burn your fingers
- burned out
- burned out, to be
- burned to a cinder
- burned up
- call the burn ward
- crash and burn
- do a slow burn
- ears are burning, one's
- eyes like two burnt holes in a blanket
- fiddle while Rome burns
- fiddle while Rome burns, to
- freezer burn
- get (one's) fingers burned
- get burned (by someone)
- get fingers burned
- get your fingers burned
- go for the burn
- have (one's) fingers burned
- have (something) to burn
- have money to burn
- have to burn
- he who plays with fire gets burnt
- hot enough to burn a polar bear's butt
- If you play with fire, you get burned
- If you play with fire, you get burnt
- in effigy
- make (someone's) ears burn
- money burns a hole in (one's) pocket
- money burns a hole in one's pocket
- Money burns a hole in pocket
- money burns a hole in your pocket
- money to burn
- slash and burn
- slow burn
- that (really) burns me up
- that burns me
- to burn
- you can't burn the candle at both ends