Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
A woman who is exclusively or primarily attracted to those who wear a badge on the job, such as policemen or firemen. There is one woman who seems to appear whenever I am out on duty; I think she's a bit of a badge bunny.
A waitress or hostess at a club, bar, or restaurant who wears sexually suggestive clothing with accessories resembling that of a bunny (for instance, rabbit-shaped ears and a fluffy cotton tail). It's degrading having to work as a bunny girl to pay for college, but it will be worth it once I have my degree.
1. noun A short hop or jump made from a slightly crouched position, likened to the hop of a rabbit. He looks absolutely ridiculous doing those bunny hops on the dance floor.
2. noun A short, jerky movement forward in a vehicle. I almost stalled the car during my driving test, but after a little bunny hop, I was able to keep the car moving.
3. noun A small jump executed on a bicycle while standing on the pedals. Kids like to go to the vacant lot to practice their bunny hops.
4. noun An obstacle on a mountain bike or other cycling course that is cleared by jumping over it without dismounting. He fell on the first bunny hop. I don't think he's cut out for professional racing.
5. noun A minute jump made by a figure skater to gain speed during or before a maneuver. After a quick bunny hop, the skater proceeded to execute a stunning triple axel.
6. verb To hop or jump forward from a slightly crouched position, likened to the hop of a rabbit. He looks absolutely ridiculous bunny hopping like that on the dance floor.
7. verb Of or in a vehicle, to move jerkily forward a short distance. I almost stalled the car during my driving test, but it just bunny hopped a bit, and I was able to keep the car moving.
8. verb On a bicycle, to hop or jump into the air while standing on the pedals. Kids like to go to the vacant lot to practice bunny hopping.
9. verb To clear an obstacle on a mountain bike or other cycling course by jumping over it without dismounting. He fell after his first attempt to bunny hop. I don't think he's cut out for professional racing.
10. verb Of a figure skater, to execute a minute jump made so as to gain speed during or before a maneuver. After bunny hopping, the skater proceeded to execute a stunning triple axel.
1. A sweatshirt with a hood and large front pockets. The term is not used outside the province of Saskatchewan in Canada. Primarily heard in Canada. I love this bunny hug, it's so warm and comfortable.
2. A ballroom dance characterized by a syncopated, ragtime rhythm, popular in the US in the early 1900s. Primarily heard in US, South Africa. Although it's not as popular as other dances anymore, I still enjoy doing the bunny hug.
A stupid, silly, or naïve person, usually used in an affectionate or endearing (if condescending) manner. Ah, don't mind him; he's just a dumb bunny, but he is harmless. Oh, my darling! You are the sweetest dumb bunny I've ever known.
Someone who is obsessively preoccupied with maintaining or improving their physique and thus spends a large amount of time at the gym to do so. After recovering from his surgery, John spent a lot of time at the gym getting his body back into shape. Now he's turned into a total gym bunny.
(as) quick as a bunny
Incredibly quickly or speedily. Quick as a bunny, Mary finished her exam and raced out of the classroom.
A term of affection for a romantic partner or child. I'm so glad you're home, my snuggle bunny! I miss you so much when you're away on business.
A cluster of dust and dirt. It is typically associated with things that have not been recently cleaned or used. When was last time you swept in here? There are massive dust bunnies behind the couch! Ever since the accident, Jamie's poor, neglected guitar has been just sitting in the corner, collecting dust bunnies.
fuck like bunnies
vulgar slang Of two people, to frequently have sexual intercourse, and perhaps have several babies in a short period of time. (Rabbits are known to produce a large number of offspring very rapidly.)
not a happy bunny
Particularly unhappy, irritable, or displeased. I could tell the producer was not a happy bunny after Jake used such inflammatory language on the air. She was not a happy bunny after her work permit application was denied.
Someone who is happy or content. Often used in the negative to indicate someone who is particularly unhappy, irritable, or displeased. I just got a raise, so I'm a happy bunny today. I could tell the producer was not a happy bunny after Jake used such inflammatory language on the air. She was not a happy bunny after her work permit application was denied.
A young woman who enjoys spending time at the beach. Check out the cute beach bunny in the purple bikini! Now that it's summertime, I fully intend to be a beach bunny.
1. A promiscuous young woman. If you think you guys are in an exclusive relationship, you better talk to her about it—I'm pretty sure she's a bed bunny.
2. A young woman who very much enjoys sex and/or engages in it frequently. Sure, I'm a bed bunny—sex is great, and everyone should do it more.
vulgar slang Breasts, especially when one is fully clothed. Of course all the guys are hitting on her—look at her blouse bunnies!
A term of affection for a romantic partner. I'm so glad you're home, my cuddle bunny! I miss you so much when you're away on business.
1. slang A female ice-hockey fan, especially one whose focus is primarily on the attractiveness of male players or on displaying their own physical attractiveness for others to see. I'm on a forum where me and other puck bunnies share our stories of players we've managed to hook up with. There's a whole section devoted to pictures of puck bunnies posed seductively in a player's jersey or with a team's banner on display.
2. slang A female ice-hockey player, especially one who is considered especially attractive. I think all women who play hockey professionally are hot just by virtue of what they do for a living, but there are some who stand out from the rest as true puck bunnies.
quick like a bunny
Especially quickly or speedily. Quick like a bunny, Mary finished her exam and raced out of the classroom.
1. slang An attractive young woman who spends a lot of time skiing or snowboarding. I hope Ted's eye doesn't wander too much with all the snow bunnies roaming around the ski slopes.
2. slang A young child, especially a girl, learning to ski or snowboard. Aw, your little snow bunny looks so cute in her outfit! I hope she has fun!
3. slang A white woman, especially one who is in a relationship with an African-American man. I heard you're dating a snow bunny. What's the deal, don't like black girls any more?
4. slang A person, especially a woman or girl, who uses or is addicted to cocaine. I turned into a bit of a snow bunny during college, but I got clean after I nearly flunked out.
vulgar slang A young woman who very much enjoys sex and/or engages in it frequently. The term is usually used to convey that such a woman is desirable to pursue as a sexual partner or to condemn such behavior. Call me a "fuck bunny," I don't care—sex is great, and everyone should do it more.
dust bunnyand a dust kitten; a turkey's nest
Kg. a clump of dust and lint. She swept the dust bunnies out from under the bed. There's a huge dust kitten behind the chiffarobe. He hasn't cleaned in weeks. There are turkey's nests in every corner.
*quick as a winkand *quick as a flash; *quick as (greased) lightning; *swift as lightning
very quickly. (*Also: as ~.) As quick as a wink, the thief took the lady's purse. I'll finish this work quick as a flash. Quick as greased lightning, the thief stole my wallet.
quick like a bunny
really quick. Now's your chance. Do it! Quick like a bunny!
1. someone learning to ski. This little slope is for snow bunnies. Most of the snow bunnies come here to socialize.
2. a young, attractive female at a skiing lodge. some cute little snow bunny came over and sat beside me. This place is swarming with snow bunnies who have never even seen a ski.
A stupid person, as in She was a bit of a dumb bunny but very nice. This expression implies some toleration or endearment of the person. [c. 1920]
quick as a wink
Also, quick as a bunny or a flash . Very speedily, as in He was out of here quick as a wink, or She answered, quick as a bunny. These similes have largely replaced the earlier quick as lightning, although quick as a flash no doubt alludes to it (also see like greased lightning), and quick as thought, now obsolete. The bunny variant dates from the mid-1800s, the others from the late 1800s.
not a happy bunnyBRITISH, INFORMAL
If you say that someone is not a happy bunny, you mean that they are annoyed or unhappy about something. I am receiving around 1,000 virus emails a day. I am not a happy bunny. Note: This expression is used humorously. Note: `Bunny' is a childish word for a rabbit, and the expression is meant to sound like part of a children's story.
not a happy bunnyused to suggest that someone is displeased. informal
2004 This Is Wiltshire Then Alan answered the phone. The majority of the conversation was unprintable. Basically the smoking chips hadn't been delivered again and Alan wasn't a happy bunny.
(not) a ˌhappy ˈbunny(British English) (American English (not) a ˌhappy ˈcamper) (informal) (not) pleased about a situation: Ailsa has caught a cold and is not a happy bunny. ♢ We must make sure that our existing clients are happy campers.
n. a young woman who frequents beaches. This little beach bunny bounced up and offered to put lotion on me.
1. n. a young female who will copulate with any male. Willy says he’s looking for a nice warm bed-bunny.
2. n. a female who enjoys sex immensely. Wanda turned out to be a hot bed-bunny even though she had seemed sort of dull.
n. the (covered) female breasts. He couldn’t keep his eyes off her busy little blouse bunnies.
n. a female lover. All you want is a cuddle bunny with big tits! Grow up, Maxwell Wilson!
n. a stupid person; an oaf. Who’s the dumb bunny in the double-knits?
fuck bunnyand FB
n. someone who just loves to copulate. (Usually a female. Taboo. Usually objectionable.) She’s a real fuck bunny, isn’t she?
hockey-whoreand puck bunny
n. a kind of groupie that follows hockey players. (Puck bunny is a play on fuck bunny.) She doesn’t like the game, she’s just a hockey-whore. Just a cheap, skanky puck bunny, that’s her!
1. n. someone learning to ski. Most of the snow bunnies come here to socialize.
2. n. a female skier. This place is swarming with snow bunnies who have never even seen a ski.
3. n. a cocaine user. How can these suburban snow bunnies afford such big habits?
quick as a wink/bunny
Very rapid(ly). The earliest such simile is quick as a bee, which found a place in John Heywood’s Proverbs (1546). It was followed by quick as thought, appearing in Thomas Shelton’s 1620 translation of Cervantes’s Don Quixote and in Samuel Richardson’s Clarissa (1748), among other sources. Also common in the eighteenth century was quick as lightning, with a nineteenth-century American variant, quick as greased lightning. None but the last is heard much anymore, but quick as a wink, referring to the blink of an eye and appearing in one of Thomas Haliburton’s Sam Slick stories (1843), is current, as are quick as a flash, presumably referring to lightning as well, and quick as a bunny (or rabbit), which dates from the late nineteenth century. See also like the wind; like greased lightning.