bump off(redirected from bump me off)
1. To unexpectedly remove someone from something, often a list or schedule. In this usage, a noun or pronoun can be used between "bump" and "off." I'm staying in Denver another night because I got bumped off my flight. Unfortunately, we ran out of time during tonight's show and had to bump our musical guest off.
2. To cause one to abruptly lose one's Internet or other connection. No, the page didn't load because I got bumped off the Internet. Back when we had dial-up Internet, just picking up the phone would bump you off your connection.
3. slang To kill someone. In this usage, a noun or pronoun can be used between "bump" and "off." Ray bumped off the informant, just as the boss told him to.
bump someone offand knock someone off
Sl. to kill someone. They tried to bump her off, but she was too clever and got away. The crooks threatened to bump off the witness to the crime.
Kill, murder, as in The convict bragged about bumping off his partner, or The first fighter plane bumped off three enemy aircraft. This term was at first principally criminal slang and somewhat later military jargon. [Slang; c. 1900]
1. To remove someone or something from a list or hierarchy due to lack of time or space: To make room for people who would pay for seats, the concert manager bumped off everybody on the guest list. The airline had to bump me off because the flight was oversold.
2. To break someone's connection between a computer and the Internet or other network: Something strange happened on my computer and it has bumped me off the Internet. I got bumped off before I could finish downloading the file.
3. Slang To murder someone: The gang threatened to bump off anyone who interfered with their plan. The ringleader hired someone to bump his enemies off.
bump someone off
tv. to kill someone. (Originally underworld.) What am I supposed to do, bump her off?