bucket(redirected from bucketing)
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Financial, Encyclopedia.
Related to bucketing: bucketing down
drop in the bucket
A tiny amount, especially when compared to a much larger one. I'm glad Tony started repaying the money he borrowed from me, but the five dollars he gave me yesterday is just a drop in the bucket compared to what he still owes.
1. n. the goal (hoop and net) in basketball. (Sports.) Freddy arced one at the bucket and missed.
2. n. a hoop or basket in basketball. (Sports.) Four buckets in two minutes. Is that a record, or what?
3. n. the buttocks. (see also can.) Sam’s getting a real fat bucket, isn’t he?
4. n. an old car. (From bucket of bolts.) How much did you pay for that old bucket?
- a drop in the bucket
- a drop in the ocean
- bolt bucket
- brain bucket
- bucket down
- bucket list
- bucket of bolts
- can't carry a tune
- come down in buckets
- couldn't carry a note in a bucket
- couldn't carry a tune in a bucket
- don't amount to a bucket of spit
- drool bucket
- drop in the bucket
- For crying out loud!
- gash bucket
- go to hell in a bucket
- Hell’s bells and buckets of blood!
- kick off
- kick the bucket
- light bucket
- rain cats and dogs
- rust bucket
- slime bag
- slime bucket
- sweat buckets
- weep buckets