Also found in: Dictionary, Financial.
Related to brown-bag: brown-bag session
1. verb To pack one's own food (e.g., in a brown paper bag), especially lunch, usually for work or school. People who brown bag it each day eat healthier foods than those who go out for lunch.
2. noun Such a lunch. Aw man, I forgot my brown bag, so I'll have to buy lunch after all.
3. adjective Describing a gathering in which people bring their own bag lunches. The phrase can be hyphenated in this usage. Can we go out to a restaurant for a change? I'm sick of these brown-bag meetings.
1. n. a bag lunch. Bring a brown-bag, and we’ll talk and eat at the same time.
2. in. to carry a bag lunch. He’s back to brown-bagging while he saves up for his vacation.
3. mod. having to do with an event during which people eat their own bag lunches. These brown-bag affairs seem so tacky.