bring (someone) in from the cold(redirected from brought us in from the cold)
bring (someone) in from the cold
To allow someone to join or participate in a group from which they were previously excluded; to accept someone into a certain social setting. A relatively unknown director for most of her career, her work with the A-list celebrity garnered the attention of a major Hollywood studio and finally brought her in from the cold. The company finally brought its striking workers in from the cold after months of intense negotiations.
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2015 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
- (one) puts (one's) pants on one leg at a time
- accompany (one) on a/(one's) journey
- accompany on a journey
- a stranger to (someone or something)
- be out of (one's) league
- be out of somebody's league
- be in bad with (someone)
- bargain for (someone or something) with (someone)
- brief (someone) about (someone or something)