bring forth(redirected from brought forth)
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Legal.
Related to brought forth: bring forth
1. To present something (to someone). Bring forth those documents—I want to review them personally.
2. To cause something to happen. The announcement of the rate hike brought forth many complaints from consumers.
3. To give birth to a baby. We received news that Lady Edith has brought forth a baby boy.
bring someone or something forth
to present or produce someone or something. Bring the roast turkey forth! Bring forth the roast turkey!
1. Give rise to, introduce. For example, I may be new, but I can still bring forth any proposals I consider necessary. [c. 1200]
2. Give birth; see under bring into the world.
1. To present something or someone: Bring forth the best champagne for our hero!
2. To give rise to something; produce something: Our speech brought forth enthusiastic applause.
3. To give birth to someone: Eight months after conception, she brought forth a child.