broad(redirected from broadness)
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Encyclopedia.
offensive slang A woman. Tom's always getting himself involved with these broads who cause him nothing but trouble. A: "Who's the broad with Jerry?" B: "Geez, that's his wife. Show a little respect, Harry."
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2015 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
n. a woman. (Originally underworld slang. Often jocular. Usually considered rude and derogatory.) When is that broad gonna show up?
McGraw-Hill's Dictionary of American Slang and Colloquial Expressions Copyright © 2006 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc. All rights reserved.
- (as) broad as a barn door
- a broad church
- be broad in the beam
- broad (brush) strokes
- broad across the beam
- broad as a barn door
- broad church
- broad daylight
- broad in the beam
- broad shoulders
- broad shoulders, have
- broad strokes
- can't find (one's) butt with both hands in broad daylight
- can't find one's butt with both hands in broad daylight
- can't hit the (broad) side of a barn
- can't hit the broad side of a barn
- have a broad back
- have broad shoulders
- hit the (broad) side of a barn
- in broad (brush) strokes
- in broad daylight
- it's as broad as it is long
- it's as broad as it's long
- paint (something) with a broad brush
- paint something with a broad brush
- square john broad
- square-john broad
- with broad strokes