break (one's) balls(redirected from breaking her balls)
break (one's) balls
1. vulgar slang To exert oneself to the utmost degree; to put forth the maximum amount of effort or strain. Because of the slang reference to testicles, it is usually (but not solely) said of or by a man. I've been breaking my balls trying to get the new software ready by the release date. Don't break your balls getting over here, there's no rush.
2. vulgar slang To harass, harangue, or pressure someone about something, especially for a lengthy period of time. The boss has been breaking our balls over the number of sales our department has made this quarter. Quit breaking my balls, I said I'd get it done.
3. vulgar slang To tease someone. Aw, come on, dude, I was just breaking your balls. No need to get upset about it.
break (someone's) ballsand break (someone's) stones; bust (someone's) balls; bust (someone's) stones
1. Sl. to wreck or ruin (someone); to overwork someone; to overwhelm someone. (Potentially offensive. Use only with discretion.) The boss acts like he's trying to break everybody's balls all the time. No need to break my balls. I'll do it!
2. Sl. to kid or tease (someone). Don't sweat what I said—I was just bustin' balls. Hey, relax, he didn't mean it. He was just breakin' your stones!
break one's balls
see under break one's ass.
break someone's ballsINFORMAL, VERY RUDE
If a woman breaks a man's balls, she causes trouble for him and makes him lose his confidence. Behind the scenes, this sweet-faced girl was breaking his balls. Note: You can call a woman who behaves in this way a ball-breaker, and describe her behaviour as ball-breaking. Another professor described `Jane Eyre' as a novel written by one sex-starved ball-breaker about another. She worries that people think of her and Jen as ball-breaking, man-hating bitches. Note: These expressions are often used to refer critically to women who seem to enjoy destroying the sexual confidence of men. Note: In this expression, `balls' refers to a man's testicles.
break somebody’s ˈballs(American English, taboo, slang) criticize somebody in an angry or annoying way: His wife’s breaking his balls about the bills not being paid. ▶ ˈball-breaker noun: That nephew of yours, he’s a real ball-breaker.
break your ˈballs(American English, taboo, slang) make a very great effort
break balls to do somethingverb
break one’s ballsverb
break one’s balls to do somethingverb
break someone’s balls
tv. to wreck or ruin someone; to overwork someone; to overwhelm someone. (Usually objectionable.) I’m gonna break your balls. You understand me?