boxed up(redirected from boxed-up)
Like this video? Subscribe to our free daily email and get a new idiom video every day!
1. To force to be in a small or confining space. A noun or pronoun can be used between "box" and "up." Now that Jenny is off at college, can I move into her bedroom? I'm sick of being boxed up in my tiny room. I always take the stairs because I hate boxing myself up in an elevator.
2. To pack objects into a box. A noun or pronoun can be used between "box" and "up." I am in the process of boxing up my entire house for a cross-country move. Please be careful when you box those dishes up.
1. slang Incarcerated. You'll be boxed up if they find out you're the one who embezzled the money.
2. slang Drunk. Do you remember last night at the bar at all? You were really boxed up!
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2022 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
1. mod. alcohol or drug intoxicated. I am way boxed, and I feel sick.
2. mod. in jail. Pat was boxed up for two days till we got bond money.
McGraw-Hill's Dictionary of American Slang and Colloquial Expressions Copyright © 2006 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc. All rights reserved.