Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Medical, Legal, Financial, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
2. noun, slang A coffin. It was a bad car accident, but no one ended up in a box, thank goodness.
3. noun A very large portable radio or boom-box. It can also be called a "ghetto box." There are so many kids in the neighborhood with boxes that I can barely hear myself think!
4. noun A record player. My parents love playing their old records on the box.
5. noun An accordion. Can also be called a "squeeze box." Most polka music incorporates a box.
6. noun, rude slang The female genitals. He just seems so lecherous—I bet he's after your box.
7. noun, rude slang The male genitals, typically when covered by clothing. Yeah, I noticed his box—how could you miss it?
1. verb To exchange punches with an opponent. I love to box and have been working on my right hook this week.
slang Dead. We did everything we could, but the patient boxed on the table during surgery.
1. Sl. intoxicated. I am way boxed, and I feel sick. She got boxed up on gin.
2. Sl. in jail. I committed the crime, and I was boxed for a long time for it. Pat was boxed up for two days till we got bond money.
See boxed up
mod. dead; died. (The box is possibly a coffin.) He’s boxed. There’s nothing that can be done.