box up(redirected from box one up)
1. Of a person, to force to be in a small or confining space. A noun can be used between "box" and "up" or after "up." Now that Jenny is off at college, can I move into her bedroom? I'm sick of being boxed up in my tiny room. I always take the stairs because I hate boxing myself up in an elevator.
2. To pack objects into a box. A noun can be used between "box" and "up" or after "up." I am in the process of boxing up my entire house for a cross-country move. Please be careful when you box those dishes up.
1. slang Incarcerated. You'll be boxed up if they find out you're the one who embezzled the money.
2. slang Drunk. Do you remember last night at the bar at all? You were really boxed up!
box someone up
to confine someone in a small area. Please don't box me up in that little office. The boss boxed up Fred in a tiny office. Why the president boxes himself up in such a little office is beyond me.
box something up
to place something in a box. Please box the books up and put them into the trunk of the car. Please box up four of these for me.
1. mod. alcohol or drug intoxicated. I am way boxed, and I feel sick.
2. mod. in jail. Pat was boxed up for two days till we got bond money.