bounce(redirected from bounced)
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Legal, Financial, Encyclopedia.
1. in. [for a check] to be returned from the bank because of insufficient funds. (see also rubber (check).) The check bounced, and I had to pay a penalty fee.
2. tv. to write a bad check. He bounced another one, and this time the bank called him up to warn him about what would happen if he did it again.
3. in. to leave; to depart. It’s late. Let’s bounce.
4. tv. [for a bank] to refuse to honor a check. They bounced another of my checks today.
5. tv. to throw someone out. Willie bounced me, and I ran to my car and beat it.
6. n. pep; energy. I never have any bounce when I wake up early.
- a dead cat bounce
- bounce (something) back and forth
- bounce along
- bounce an idea off someone
- bounce around
- bounce back
- bounce back and forth
- bounce for something
- bounce off
- bounce off (of) (someone or something)
- bounce off the walls
- bounce out
- bounce something off of someone
- bounce something off someone
- bounce up and down
- bounced check
- deadcat bounce
- get the ax
- more bang for the buck
- on the bounce
- spring for
- spring for something
- That’s the way the ball bounces
- that's how the ball bounces
- That's the way the ball bounces