bottle(redirected from bottled)
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Medical, Financial, Encyclopedia.
Related to bottled: bottled water, bottled up
drinking alcohol. His friends thought he was a bit too fond of the bottle. She tried to stay away from the bottle, but she never could manage it for long.
1. n. a drunkard. The bar was empty save an old bottle propped against the side of a booth.
2. and the bottle n. liquor. (Always with the in this sense.) Her only true love is the bottle.
3. in. to drink liquor to excess. Let’s go out and bottle into oblivion.
- be the chief cook and bottle washer
- bottle (something) away
- bottle baby
- bottle it
- bottle of Dog
- bottle out
- bottle up
- brown bottle flu
- capture lightning in a bottle
- catch lightning in a bottle
- chief cook and bottle washer
- chief cook and bottle-washer
- cork high and bottle deep
- crack a bottle
- crack a bottle open
- crack open a bottle
- have a lot of bottle
- have, show, etc. bottle
- head cook and bottle washer
- hit the bottle
- let the genie out of the bottle
- lightning in a bottle
- lose (one's) bottle
- new wine in old bottles
- on the bottle
- put the genie back in the bottle
- spin the bottle
- the bottle
- the genie is out of the bottle
- You cannot put new wine in old bottles
- your blood's worth bottling