bop(redirected from bopper)
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Medical, Financial.
1. verb To punch or strike someone. You're gonna get bopped in the nose if you keep asking inappropriate questions like that.
2. noun A strike or punch. You're gonna get a bop in the nose if you keep asking inappropriate questions like that.
3. noun A fast-paced, musically complex style of jazz that was popular in the 1940s. Ragtime has always appealed to me more than bop, actually.
4. noun, slang A catchy, up-tempo song that one enjoys, usually a song that invites dancing. That song's a total bop—turn it up! There were some great '80s bops playing in the grocery store today.
5. noun, slang A recreational drug of some kind in pill form. Used especially in the phrase "drop a bop." Wanna drop a bop before the concert?
drop a bop
slang To ingest a drug in pill form. ("Bop" is a slang term for "pill.") Wanna drop a bop before the concert?
1. tv. to strike someone or something. You wanna get bopped in the beezer?
2. n. a style of jazz popular in the 1940s. We heard some bop in an old movie.
3. n. a drug in pill form; a dose of a drug. (see also hit.) You gonna drop both of them bops?
drop a bop
tv. to take a drug in pill form. (see also bop.) Wanna come over and drop a bop or two?