Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Legal, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
1. Something that has been obtained through criminal activity. Wow, all of this booty came from one robbery, huh?
2. Something that has been seized from an enemy, as during war. Soldiers sacked that town and left with a ton of booty.
3. slang The buttocks. Have you been working out? You've got a great booty! Of course you like her—you always like girls with big booties.
4. slang Someone or something that is viewed with displeasure. I'm trying to clean all the booty out of the garage once and for all. I mean, there's no reason for me to keep my old college textbooks.
5. vulgar slang Sexual encounters in general. I hope we meet cute guys tonight—I need to get some booty!
6. vulgar slang Collectively, potential sexual partners (typically women), considered and pursued solely as such. Ron's always looking for booty, so I think he's definitely going to cheat on his new girlfriend.
7. vulgar slang The female genitals. We're just friends—I'm sure he doesn't want my booty.
1. An overture or invitation for a purely sexual interaction. This phrase is not limited to phone calls, despite its wording. Come on, if he's texting you at 1 AM, it's definitely a booty call.
2. One who is purely a sexual partner, often of convenience, rather than a romantic partner. I'm looking for a serious relationship now, so I refuse to be your booty call anymore—lose my number.
3. Strong sexual desire or arousal. He doesn't want to date you, he just reaches out when he feels the booty call.
To check someone's buttocks for something concealed there, often drugs. If the police are suspicious, they're going to give you a booty check.
Nonsense or foolishness. His explanation is total booty cheddar and doesn't answer the question at all.
slang A large, shapely buttocks, typically of a black woman. Potentially offensive. Skinny girls are OK, but I really love a chick with a ghetto booty.
shake (one's) booty
slang To dance in a wild or free-spirited manner. Let's go get some pizza and then shake our booties at that new club downtown!
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2015 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
shake your bootydance energetically. informal
Booty in this context means ‘buttocks’ (it originated in African American slang in the 1920s, probably as an alteration of botty , itself a shortened form of bottom .
Farlex Partner Idioms Dictionary © Farlex 2017
boodyand boodie and bootie and booty
1. n. the buttocks. (Potentially offensive. Usually objectionable.) Look at the nice little boody on that guy.
2. n. someone or something disliked. (From sense 1) Why don’t you clean up all this boody? This place is a mess. Don’t be such a bootie!
3. n. the female genitals; the vulva and vagina. (Usually objectionable.) He wants to get into her boody.
4. n. women considered as a receptacle for the penis. (Rude and derogatory.) He likes boody better than anything.
1. n. sexual arousal. (Usually objectionable.) Sam said he was feeling the booty call and needed to find his woman.
2. n. calling someone up for sex. (Usually objectionable.) Reg stopped at a phone booth in the bar to make a booty call.
n. a search of the rectum, as when police look for drugs. Willie got arrested and had a booty check since he was walking funny.
n. nonsense; bullshit. I’m tired of listening to all your booty-cheddar.
n. big buttocks on a black woman. Look at that ghetto booty on that mama.
McGraw-Hill's Dictionary of American Slang and Colloquial Expressions Copyright © 2006 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc. All rights reserved.