boob(redirected from boobing)
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus.
1. slang noun A female breast. The male fascination with boobs will always be beyond my understanding.
2. noun A stupid, clumsy, or foolish person. Jeremy can act like such a boob sometimes.
3. noun A foolish or clumsy mistake or error. Primarily heard in UK, Australia. Aw, don't worry, you just made a bit of a boob, that's all.
4. verb To make a foolish or clumsy mistake or error. Primarily heard in UK. I'm afraid I boobed pretty spectacularly in class this morning.
slang The television. What's on the boob-tube tonight? Anything good?
slang A derisive reference to a man's chest when he appears to have breasts. You need to hit the gym, dude. Man boobs are not sexy.
slang The side of a woman's breast when partially exposed or accentuated by her clothing. Does this dress give me too much side boob?
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2015 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
1. n. a stupid person; a rural oaf. Why did I marry a boob like you?
2. and booby (ˈbubi) n. a breast. (Usually plural. Usually objectionable.) With boobs like that, she can go anywhere she likes.
n. a television set. (Something for a boob to watch.) You spend too much time in front of the boob-tube.
McGraw-Hill's Dictionary of American Slang and Colloquial Expressions Copyright © 2006 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc. All rights reserved.