Like this video? Subscribe to our free daily email and get a new idiom video every day!
bomb through (something)
1. To release bombs that must travel through something else before exploding. Bomb through the leaves to the base down below!
2. To use bombs to gain access to something. They'll bomb through the wall to get in here if they have to.
3. To have rapid success in some area. Can you believe that he's bombed through all those AP courses and he's only a junior?
4. To proceed quickly and forcefully through some thing or area. The boys bombed through the house in pursuit of snacks.
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2015 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
1. To drop a bomb or bombs so that they pass through something before detonating: Due to a storm, the plane was forced to bomb through thick cloud cover.
2. To penetrate some obstacle with bombs: The soldiers bombed through the wall of the fortress.
3. To move rapidly and aggressively through something: They bombed through the town on motorcycles. The dirt bike bombed through the course.
4. To accomplish or proceed with something swiftly and aggressively: The soccer team bombed through the tournament and made it to the finals.
The American Heritage® Dictionary of Phrasal Verbs. Copyright © 2005 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.