Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Medical, Acronyms, Wikipedia.
Related to bolo: bolo knife
An abbreviation for "be on the lookout."
1. Used to instruct someone to watch for something or someone else. BOLO for my email! It will have all the instructions you need for the project.
2. A bulletin containing information about a suspect, as in police procedures. We pulled the car over because it matched the description on that BOLO we got earlier. The dispatcher then sends out a BOLO so that the officers on the street know what the suspect looks like.
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2015 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
be on the look outand BOLO
phr. & comp. abb. establish and maintain surveillance [for someone]. (A police notation.) BOLO for a 65-year-old woman with tattoos on her upper arms. We’ll be on the look out for your stolen car.
McGraw-Hill's Dictionary of American Slang and Colloquial Expressions Copyright © 2006 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc. All rights reserved.
- be out of (one's) league
- be out of somebody's league
- accompany (one) on a/(one's) journey
- accompany on a journey
- be (not) a patch on
- be/have done with somebody/something
- (one) puts (one's) pants on one leg at a time
- bargain for (someone or something) with (someone)
- brief (someone) about (someone or something)