blow, send, etc. somebody to kingdom come
send (someone or something) to kingdom come
1. slang To kill someone with gunfire or an explosive device. "Kingdom come," a phrase taken from the Lord's Prayer, refers to heaven or the afterlife. The robber waved his gun and shouted, "Get back, or I'll send you to kingdom come!"
2. slang To destroy something with an explosion. If we send these rocks to kingdom come, we should be able to rescue the trapped hikers from the cave.
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2015 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
blow, send, etc. somebody to kingdom ˈcome(informal) kill somebody, especially with a gun, a bomb or other very violent methods: ‘If you try to call the police, I’ll blow you to kingdom come.’
Farlex Partner Idioms Dictionary © Farlex 2017
- blast (someone or something) to kingdom come
- send (someone or something) to kingdom come
- blow (someone or something) to kingdom come
- blow someone/something to kingdom come
- blow to kingdom come
- to kingdom come
- carry a Chinaman on (one's) back
- have a Chinaman at (one's) neck
- a woman's work is never done