blob(redirected from blobbing)
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Medical, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
1. A derogatory term for someone who is stupid and cloddish. Of course he broke the vase—that guy is such a blob.
2. A derogatory term for someone who is fat or obese. I felt like a real blob before I started eating a healthier diet and working out regularly.
3. A derogatory term for someone considered a coward; a wuss or wimp. That kid's a blob—you can totally steal his lunch money.
1. To stop working or thinking about important or difficult issues and simply relax. After such a tough week at work, all I want to do this weekend is blob out in front of the TV.
2. To become overweight or obese. He used to be one of the most athletic students back in high school, but he's really blobbed out recently.
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2015 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
1. n. a fool; an oaf. Don’t be a blob. Get up and get going.
2. n. a useless dishrag of a person; a wimp. I’m amazed that blob can tie his own shoes.
3. n. a very fat person. What a blob! Must have been kicked out of Fat Watchers.
McGraw-Hill's Dictionary of American Slang and Colloquial Expressions Copyright © 2006 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc. All rights reserved.