bliss out(redirected from blissing out)
Like this video? Subscribe to our free daily email and get a new idiom video every day!
bliss (one) out
To cause one to be in a state of extreme happiness. Oh, I had a great time on my vacation—relaxing on a tropical island totally blissed me out.
To be in a state of extreme happiness. Oh, I had a great time on my vacation—I totally blissed out while relaxing on a tropical island.
1. In a state of extreme happiness. Oh, I had a great time on my vacation—relaxing on a tropical island left me totally blissed out.
2. Drunk. Do you remember last night at the bar at all? You were totally blissed out!
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2015 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
bliss someone out
Sl. to cause someone to be overcome with happiness. This kind of sunny weather just blisses me out. The lovely weather blissed out everyone after the long winter.
Sl. to be overcome with happiness. She blissed out at the concert, because she loves that kind of music.
McGraw-Hill Dictionary of American Idioms and Phrasal Verbs. © 2002 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc.
Experience great joy or euphoria, as in Just give me some time to bliss out on the beach. [Slang; c. 1970]
The American Heritage® Dictionary of Idioms by Christine Ammer. Copyright © 2003, 1997 by The Christine Ammer 1992 Trust. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. To cause someone to feel intense happiness and relaxation: The beautiful sunset blissed me out. The melodies this band writes will bliss out even the most spoiled music fans. I was blissed out by the friendly spirit of the crowd.
2. To be in a state of intense happiness and relaxation: I blissed out lying on the beach under the sun.
The American Heritage® Dictionary of Phrasal Verbs. Copyright © 2005 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
in. to become euphoric. (see also blissed (out).) I always bliss out from talk like that, but I still love Willy.
blissed (out)and blissed-out (blɪst...)
1. mod. in a state of emotional bliss. After the second movement, I was totally blissed out.
2. mod. alcohol or drug intoxicated. She is more than blissed. She is stoned.
McGraw-Hill's Dictionary of American Slang and Colloquial Expressions Copyright © 2006 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc. All rights reserved.