blind(redirected from blindness)
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Medical, Legal, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
Like this video? Subscribe to our free daily email and get a new idiom video every day!
1. adjective, slang Very drunk. I was almost blind as I made my way home after so many shots of tequila at the bar. We sat around getting blind drunk on wine and whiskey.
2. verb, slang To drive extremely fast. Primarily heard in UK. He stormed out of the building, got into his car, and blinded along the road at a dangerous speed.
3. verb, slang To utter a string of expletives. Used especially in the phrase "effing and blinding." Primarily heard in UK. I heard him effing and blinding after dropping his cup of coffee on the floor.
slang Drunk. Do you remember last night at the bar at all? You were really blinded!
See also: blind
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2015 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
mod. alcohol or drug intoxicated. I guess she was blinded. She couldn’t stand up.
See also: blind
McGraw-Hill's Dictionary of American Slang and Colloquial Expressions Copyright © 2006 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc. All rights reserved.
- "I see," said the blind man
- (as) blind as a bat
- (as) blind as a beetle
- (as) blind as a mole
- a blind alley
- a blind bit of
- a blind bit of (something)
- a blind date
- a blind man could see this/that/it
- a blind spot
- a case of the blind leading the blind
- a nod is as good as a wink to a blind bat
- a nod is as good as a wink to a blind horse
- a nod is as good as a wink to a blind man
- a/somebody's blind spot
- Are you blind?
- as blind as a bat
- be (as) blind as a bat
- be blind to
- be flying blind
- blind (one) with science
- blind alley
- blind alley, (up) a
- blind as a bat
- blind as a bat/beetle/mole
- blind date
- blind drunk
- blind leading the blind
- blind leading the blind, the
- blind luck
- blind man's holiday
- blind side
- blind somebody with science
- blind someone with science
- blind spot
- blind to
- blind to (something)
- case of the blind leading the blind
- effing and blinding
- even a blind hog finds an acorn every now and then
- even a blind pig can find an acorn once in a while
- fly blind
- flying blind
- go down a blind alley
- go it blind
- hatred is as blind as love
- in the country of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
- like a blind dog in a meat market
- like stealing acorns from a blind pig
- love is blind
- men are blind in their own cause
- nod is as good as a wink to a blind horse
- not a blind bit of (something)
- not a blind bit of notice, difference, etc.
- pure luck
- rob (one) blind
- rob blind
- rob somebody blind
- rob someone blind
- steal (one) blind
- steal someone blind
- stone blind
- swear blind
- swear blind...
- take a blind bit of notice
- the blind leading the blind
- there's none so blind as those who will not see
- turn a blind eye
- turn a blind eye (to something)
- turn a blind eye to
- turn a blind eye/deaf ear, to
- up a blind alley