blade(redirected from blading)
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Medical, Acronyms, Encyclopedia.
1. A knife. I shuddered at the sight of blood on his blade.
2. A charming, worldly, and sophisticated man. I always welcome the company of blades, and these two gents are just back from a year in Europe!
brother of the blade
obsolete Someone who is adept at using a sword, often specifically a soldier. With your meager skills, you would never survive against a real brother of the blade.
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2015 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
1. n. a knife. Bring your blade over here and cut this loose.
2. n. a young man, witty and worldly. A couple of blades from the international jet set ordered vintage wine for everyone.
3. n. a homosexual man. (From gay blade.) Some blade came over and offered to buy me a drink.
McGraw-Hill's Dictionary of American Slang and Colloquial Expressions Copyright © 2006 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc. All rights reserved.