biz(redirected from bizes)
1. noun A shortening of "business." I used to be in the construction biz before my injury.
2. noun A tool or implement used to inject drugs. Where's the biz? I need another fix.
3. adjective Busy or occupied. Sorry, we're biz—find someone else to help you.
slang Show business. "Biz" is an informal shortening of "business." It can be quite grueling having to travel the country performing for audiences week in, week out, but that's show biz for you. Everyone in this town is looking to get into show biz in one way or , but it's just a pipe dream for most of them.
that's show biz (for you)
That is just the way that the entertainment industry works. ("Biz" is an informal shortening of "business.") Usually used to explain something negative about the industry. After nearly a year of work, a key investor pulled out and the whole film collapsed. Ah well, that's show biz. You've just got to learn how to play the game and do things the way producers and executives want. It's not always fair, but that's show biz for you.
1. n. a business; business. I’m in the plumbing biz.
2. n. apparatus for injecting drugs. (Drugs.) The biz is right there in the towel on top of the stack.
3. mod. busy. Get out! I’m biz!
n. show business. Anybody who can make a living in show biz has to be clever and talented.