beyond (someone or something)(redirected from beyond us)
beyond (someone or something)
1. Very difficult for one to comprehend or do. Why she loves sports so much is beyond me. Personally, I never saw the appeal of running around and getting sweaty. Of course I'm calling a professional—installing a new heater is beyond me.
2. Physically past something. The store is just beyond that hill—you'll see it soon enough.
3. Having rectified some problem or situation. Now that we're beyond those financial issues, I finally feel less stressed.
Advanced beyond my ability to understand or make sense of the subject matter or task at hand. The stuff they're teaching in this advanced math class is beyond me. It is beyond me why you don't help with the chores even after I've asked you several times.
*beyond someone or something
1. on the other side of something. (*Typically: be ~; get ~.) When we get beyond this bad road, I'll have to check the tires. I have to get beyond the large gentleman standing in the hall.
2. finished with someone or something; having solved the problems relating to someone or something. (*Typically: be ~; get ~; move ~.) Things will be better when we get beyond this financial crisis. When the country gets beyond the current situation, things will have to get better.
completely missing or surpassing my understanding. I'm confused. All this is beyond me.
Without question; certainly; definitely.