bet dollars to doughnuts
bet you dollars to doughnuts
I assure you (that something will happen, with so much confidence that I would bet money against something less valuable). I lost my umbrella, so I bet you dollars to doughnuts that it rains tomorrow! Oh, I bet you dollars to doughnuts that Kevin will be late tonight—he's never on time!
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2022 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
bet someone dollars to doughnuts
Fig. to bet something of value against something worth considerably less. I bet you dollars to doughnuts that she is on time. He bet me dollars to doughnuts that it would snow today.
McGraw-Hill Dictionary of American Idioms and Phrasal Verbs. © 2002 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc.
- bet someone dollars to doughnuts
- bet you dollars to doughnuts
- bet (one's) bottom dollar that (something will happen)
- bet one's bottom dollar, one can
- you can bet your bottom dollar (on something)
- bet (one's) bottom dollar
- bet bottom dollar
- bet one's bottom dollar
- bet your bottom dollar
- bet your bottom dollar/your life