bet bottom dollar
bet (one's) bottom dollar
To be totally certain that something will happen or prove true (so much so that one would hypothetically risk one's last dollar betting on it). I lost my umbrella, so you can bet your bottom dollar on it raining tomorrow! I bet my bottom dollar that Kevin will be late tonight—he's never on time!
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2022 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
bet one's bottom dollarand bet one's life
Fig. to be quite certain (about something). (A bottom dollar is the last dollar.) I'll be there. You bet your bottom dollar. I bet my bottom dollar you can't swim across the pool. You bet your life I can't swim that far.
McGraw-Hill Dictionary of American Idioms and Phrasal Verbs. © 2002 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc.
- bet (one's) bottom dollar
- bet one's bottom dollar
- bet your bottom dollar
- bet your bottom dollar/your life
- bet (one's) bottom dollar on (something)
- bet one's bottom dollar, one can
- you can bet your bottom dollar (on something)
- bet (one's) bottom dollar that (something will happen)
- bet on it
- you bet your bottom