bent(redirected from bents)
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Medical, Encyclopedia.
Like this video? Subscribe to our free daily email and get a new idiom video every day!
1. slang Dishonest, immoral, or corrupt; crooked. Primarily heard in UK. The gangs are a problem, but it's the bent cops you really have to watch out for. Everyone in this industry is bent. If you're not cheating the system, you're never going to get anywhere.
2. offensive slang Homosexual. Primarily heard in UK.
3. slang Strange, eccentric, or abnormal; queer. He was always coming out with these bent ideas that had no chance of working. I wouldn't listen to what your uncle says. He's always been a bit bent.
4. slang Intoxicated with drugs or alcohol, especially to the point of losing control. We were all so bent that we could barely walk in a straight line down the road. What on earth did we smoke last night? I've never been so bent in all my life!
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2015 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
1. mod. alcohol or drug intoxicated. I’ve never seen two guys so bent.
2. mod. dishonest; crooked. I’m afraid that Paul is a little bent. He cheats on his taxes.
3. mod. angry. He was so bent there was steam coming out of his ears.
McGraw-Hill's Dictionary of American Slang and Colloquial Expressions Copyright © 2006 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc. All rights reserved.
- (as) bent as a nine-bob note
- as the twig is bent, so is the tree inclined
- be hell-bent on
- be hell-bent on something/on doing something
- bend (one's)/the elbow
- bend back
- bend before (something)
- bend down
- bend forward
- bend in
- bend over
- bend over backward(s)
- bend the law
- bend the rules
- bent cop
- bent double
- bent on
- bent on (doing something)
- bent on a splice
- bent on doing
- bent on something/on doing something
- bent out of shape
- get bent
- get bent out of shape
- hell-bent for
- hell-bent for (something)
- hell-bent for leather
- ride hell (bent) for leather, to