belt(redirected from belting her)
1. noun, slang A heavy strike or blow, especially with the fist. I gave the guy a belt to the jaw after he started insulting my mother.
2. noun, slang A serving of liquor. Gimme a belt of whiskey, Tom.
3. verb, slang To deliver someone a very heavy blow or strike. She belted me right on the side of the head.
4. verb, slang To drink something, especially alcohol, very quickly or in one gulp. He belted down the glass of scotch and immediately poured himself another.
5. verb, slang To move at a very fast speed, especially in a reckless or dangerous manner. The maniac was arrested after belting along the freeway at nearly 160 miles an hour. Just then I saw Sarah belting down the hallway.
Intoxicated, either by drugs or alcohol. Do you remember last night at the bar at all? You were totally belted! A: "Are those guys totally belted?" B: "Probably, they reek of weed."
See also: belt
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2015 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
1. n. a blow with the fist or hand. Quiet or I’ll give you a belt in the chops.
2. tv. to strike someone. Quiet or I’ll belt you one!
3. n. a kick or a thrill. We all got quite a belt from your jokes.
4. n. the rush or jolt from an injection of a drug. (Drugs.) This stuff has one hell of a belt.
5. n. an injection of a drug. (Drugs.) I could use a belt of smack to hold off the pain.
6. n. a swallow of liquor. Three more quick belts and he was ready to sit down and talk.
7. tv. to drink (something). (see also belt the grape.) He belted his drink and asked for another.
mod. alcohol or drug intoxicated. We were belted out of our minds.
See also: belt
McGraw-Hill's Dictionary of American Slang and Colloquial Expressions Copyright © 2006 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc. All rights reserved.
- a notch in (someone's) belt
- a notch on (someone's) belt
- be below the belt
- below the belt
- below the belt, hit
- belt a drink down
- belt and braces
- belt down
- belt down (something or someone)
- belt out
- belt the grape
- belt up
- Bible belt
- borscht belt
- buckle up
- get (something) under (one's) belt
- have (something) under (one's) belt
- hit (one) below the belt
- hit below the belt
- hit someone below the belt
- pull (one's) belt in (a notch (or two))
- pull in (one's) belt (a notch (or two))
- pull one’s belt in
- pull one’s belt in a notch
- rust belt
- sun belt
- take (one's) belt in (a notch (or two))
- take belt in
- take in (one's) belt (a notch (or two))
- take one’s belt in
- take one’s belt in a notch
- the Bible Belt
- the Rust Belt
- the Sun Belt
- tighten (one's) belt
- tighten belt
- tighten one’s belt
- tighten one's belt
- tighten one's belt, to
- tighten your belt
- under (one's) belt
- under belt
- under one's belt
- under your belt