be the spice of life(redirected from being the spice of life)
be the spice of life
To be that which makes life interesting, exciting, enjoyable, or worthwhile. From the proverb "variety is the spice of life," meaning that having many different experiences is what makes life interesting. My witty friend likes to say that sarcasm is the spice of life for her. In romantic fiction, however, misunderstandings and mishaps are the spice of life!
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2022 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
- Life is short and time is swift
- life is short(, and time is swift)
- life is (just) a bowl of cherries
- life is a bowl of cherries
- Life is just a bowl of cherries
- bowl of cherries, life is just a
- not give a stuff
- cannot for the life of me/him/her/us/them
- can't for the life of me (do something)
- don't let life pass you by