be over (one's) head(redirected from being over your head)
be over (one's) head
1. To be too complicated to be understood by one. My jokes are always over Stephanie's head, so I'm glad you think I'm funny at least. A lot of this technical stuff is way over my head.
2. To be a lingering source of concern or worry for one. I'm so glad that exam is finally over—it's been over my head for months.
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2022 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
- (I'm) (so) glad you could come
- (it's) good to hear your voice
- be at a disadvantage
- at a disadvantage
- address (one's) comments to (someone or something)
- address comments or remarks to
- address (one's) remarks to (someone or something)
- be (as) serious as a heart attack
- (I'm) (very) glad to meet you
- (the) odds are against (something)