be over (someone or something)(redirected from being over us)
be over (someone or something)
1. To no longer have strong emotions about someone or something; to be unenthusiastic about someone or something. I was really looking forward to learning about the inner workings of a computer, but it's actually so boring that I am really over it at this point! Everyone thinks Jack's boyfriend is so hilarious, but I'm so over him and his annoying jokes.
2. To accept, feel better about, move on from, or come to terms with something or some romantic relationship that has failed or turned out badly. John and Amy broke up nearly a month ago, but I don't think he's over her yet. It really bummed me out failing my driving test like that, but I'm over it now.
See also: over
1. To be located above something: The lamp is over the desk.
2. To be on the other side of something: My grandparents' house is over the river.
3. To have come to an end; be finished: When the movie was over, we went to bed.
4. To have recovered emotionally from something: It was a terrible year, but I am finally over it.
5. be over with To have finished doing or experiencing something, especially something unpleasant: I'm not over with my homework yet.
6. be over with To be finished; have passed or been experienced. Used especially of unpleasant things: Now that my dental surgery is over with, I can stop worrying and get some rest.
See also: over