be up against it(redirected from been up against it)
be up against it
To have or be likely to face serious problems, stresses, or difficulties. Each year, more and more families are up against it going into the holiday season. Sorry I haven't been in touch recently, I've just really been up against it in work the last few weeks.
See also: up
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2015 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
- up against
- up against (something)
- up against it
- cards are stacked against
- odds are against one
- the cards are stacked against (someone or something)
- the cards/odds are stacked against somebody/something
- the odds are against (someone or something)
- the odds are stacked against (someone or something)
- be another/a different matter