Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Medical, Financial, Encyclopedia.
1. verb, slang To strike someone in the head, especially deliberately. She beaned the man with an empty bottle after he tried groping her in the bar. The pitcher's wild throw beaned the batter, knocking him out cold.
2. noun, slang One's head. He turned around and got clocked right on the bean by the corner of the cabinet.
3. noun, slang One of the pads on the bottom of an animal's feet or toes, especially those of a dog or cat. I love my puppy's tiny little toe beans. For some reason they just totally melt my heart.
4. noun, vulgar slang The clitoris. Jenny said she wanted to get her bean pierced this weekend.
1. Nonsense or foolishness. His explanation is totally full of beans and doesn't answer the question at all.
2. A tiny or insignificant amount; nothing at all. You know how much I know about car engines? Beans. So call your mechanic, not me! Sorry, I don't know beans about computers. You're better off asking Terry.
3. Cash or money. I don't have enough beans for that right now—can I pay you back tomorrow?
4. Soybean contracts, as on the stock market. Are we selling these underperforming beans or what?
See also: bean
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2022 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
1. n. nothing. I have nothing I can give you. Nothing, zotz, beans!
2. n. nonsense. (Refers to beans that produce gas, which is hot air or nonsense.) Stop feeding me beans.
3. n. soybean futures contracts. (Securities markets. Usually with the.) Buy the jan beans and sell puts on the bellies.
4. n. money; dollars. Gimme some beans. I gotta get some gas.
See also: bean
McGraw-Hill's Dictionary of American Slang and Colloquial Expressions Copyright © 2006 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc. All rights reserved.