bean(redirected from beaning you)
Like this video? Subscribe to our free daily email and get a new idiom video every day!
1. verb, slang To strike someone in the head, especially deliberately. She beaned the man with an empty bottle after he tried groping her in the bar. The pitcher's wild throw beaned the batter, knocking him out cold.
2. noun, slang One's head. He turned around and got clocked right on the bean by the corner of the cabinet.
3. noun, slang One of the pads on the bottom of an animal's feet or toes, especially those of a dog or cat. I love my puppy's tiny little toe beans. For some reason they just totally melt my heart.
4. noun, vulgar slang The clitoris. Jenny said she wanted to get her bean pierced this weekend.
1. Nonsense or foolishness. His explanation is totally full of beans and doesn't answer the question at all.
2. A tiny or insignificant amount; nothing at all. You know how much I know about car engines? Beans. So call your mechanic, not me! Sorry, I don't know beans about computers. You're better off asking Terry.
3. Cash or money. I don't have enough beans for that right now—can I pay you back tomorrow?
4. Soybean contracts, as on the stock market. Are we selling these underperforming beans or what?
See also: bean
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2015 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
1. n. the head. I got a bump right here on my bean.
2. tv. to hit someone on the head. (see also beanball.) The lady beaned me with her umbrella.
3. Go to beans.
4. n. a human nipple, especially as seen through clothing. (From the shape.) Gee, I can see her beans, even when it’s not cold!
1. n. nothing. I have nothing I can give you. Nothing, zotz, beans!
2. n. nonsense. (Refers to beans that produce gas, which is hot air or nonsense.) Stop feeding me beans.
3. n. soybean futures contracts. (Securities markets. Usually with the.) Buy the jan beans and sell puts on the bellies.
4. n. money; dollars. Gimme some beans. I gotta get some gas.
See also: bean
McGraw-Hill's Dictionary of American Slang and Colloquial Expressions Copyright © 2006 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc. All rights reserved.
- a bean counter
- a bean head
- a hill of beans
- amount to a hill of beans
- be full of beans
- be not worth a hill of beans
- bean counter
- bean head
- bean queen
- bean time
- Bean Town
- bean wagon
- beaned up
- cool beans
- Cool beans!
- do a bean count
- doesn't know beans
- don't know beans
- down to chili and beans
- flick the bean
- full of beans
- full of hot air
- give (one) beans
- give someone beans
- hill of beans
- hill of beans, doesn't amount to a/not worth a
- know (one's) beans
- know how many beans make five
- not a bean
- not amount to a hill of beans
- not have a bean
- not know beans
- not know beans (about something)
- not know beans about
- not know beans about something
- not worth a damn
- not worth a hill of beans
- not worth a hill of beans and not amount to a hill of beans; not ...
- not worth beans
- old bean
- on the bean
- on the button
- spill the beans
- spill the beans, to
- string bean
- tough break