with it(redirected from be with it)
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus.
1. Inf. alert and knowledgeable. Jane isn't making any sense. She's not really with it tonight. Jean's mother is not really with it anymore. She's going senile. Peter's not with it yet. He's only just come round from the anesthetic.
2. Inf. up-to-date. My parents are so old-fashioned. I'm sure they were never with it. Why do you wear those baggy old clothes? Why aren't you with it?
1 (old-fashioned) (of somebody/something) fashionable and up to date: Her clothes are very with it, aren’t they? ♢ He was wearing very with-it sunglasses.
2 thinking quickly and clearly: I’m a bit tired this morning. I’m not really with it.
mod. up-to-date; contemporary. Come on, chum. Get with it.
1. Interested in and sensitive to the latest styles and trends; up-to-date.
2. Streetwise and knowing; savvy.
3. Mentally competent.
1. Aware of or knowledgeable about the latest trends or developments.
2. Mentally responsive and perceptive: I'm just not with it today.