be rid of (someone or something)(redirected from be rid of someone)
be rid of (someone or something)
To separate oneself from something or someone else. I'm so glad to be rid of that project. It had so many parts and felt like a burden for weeks! Thank God we're finally rid of our houseguests and can go back to living our normal lives!
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2015 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
- leave (someone, something, or oneself) (wide) open for (something)
- leave oneself wide open for
- leave open
- leave yourself wide open to something
- leave (someone, something, or oneself) (wide) open to (something)
- reproach (someone or something) with (something)
- reproach with
- keep (someone or something) in sight
- keep in sight
- keep sight of