1. To be later than some time: It's already past noon and I still haven't eaten breakfast.
2. To be located at a greater distance than something: The graveyard is past the school.
3. To have overcome some experience or no longer believe it to be important: It used to annoy me when they called me "four-eyes," but I'm past that now.
4. To have given up on something: I believe my cat has run away, and I am past hoping for his return.
5. To be too old or feeble to accomplish something: That football player is clearly past it and should give up the sport.
See also: past