be out of (one's) league(redirected from be out of her league)
be out of (one's) league
To be a poor match for someone, often because someone or something is considered superior. Although it can be used in other situations, this phrase is very often applied to romantic partners that are not similarly attractive or wealthy. I can't believe that average-looking guy is dating a supermodel—she is totally out of his league! I've only been working in IT for a few months, so that advanced position is really out of my league.
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2015 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
be out of somebody’s ˈleague(informal) be too difficult, expensive, etc. for somebody: You can’t afford a lawyer like that. She’s way out of your league.
Farlex Partner Idioms Dictionary © Farlex 2017
- be out of somebody's league
- be (not) a patch on
- accompany (one) on a/(one's) journey
- accompany on a journey
- brief (someone) about (someone or something)
- brief about
- bring (someone or something) before (someone or something)
- bell, book, and candle
- bell, book, and candle things that are miraculous or that signal that
- be/have done with somebody/something