be across (something)(redirected from be across)
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Medical.
Related to be across: come across
be across (something)
To accurately grasp or comprehend something, often something complex. Primarily heard in Australia. Thank you for explaining that again—I think I'm finally across it now.
See also: across
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2015 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
be across somethingfully understand the details or complexity of an issue or situation. Australian
Farlex Partner Idioms Dictionary © Farlex 2017
- a ghost at the feast
- a/the feel of (something)
- (I) wouldn't (do something) if I were you
- (you've) got to get up pretty early in the morning to (do something)
- a straw will show which way the wind blows
- a crack at (someone or something)
- all right
- (you) wanna make something of it?
- all for the best
- a thing of the past